MATCH DAY INFORMATION – CENTRAL SPARKS (1 JUNE)
Sunrisers Head Coach Laura Marsh has named a squad of fifteen for our first trip of the season to Northampton tomorrow, as we host Central Sparks at Wantage Road in the Charlotte Edwards Cup.
The team come into the game off the back of a disappointing 41 run defeat away to Western Storm, where the run chase was made more challenging when Cordelia Griffith injured a muscle in the field and being unable to bat.
Jodi Grewcock comes back into the squad as Griffith faces a late fitness test before the game, with the young batter enjoying a fine season for the Academy and Northamptonshire, and will be more than ready if called upon to make her debut at her home ground.
Naomi Dattani comes into the game in terrific form with the bat, having scored back to back fifties over the last few days. After hitting 51 against Sparks in the reverse fixture, she scored her highest competitive Sunrisers score on Sunday, with 53. Captain Kelly Castle supported Dattani well, hitting 40* of her own after taking 2 for 16 with the ball.
Scarlett Hughes has impressed behind the stumps in her debut season, and she claimed another three stumpings on Sunday to take her tally to seven whilst deputising for Amara Carr, who returns to the squad for the first time this season. Lissy Macleod and Sonali Patel are still missing through injury.
Wednesday’s match will be a double header, with the Northamptonshire Steelbacks men facing the Leicestershire Foxes after the Sunrisers game. Tickets gain entry to both fixtures.
Central Sparks come into the game off the back of a 10 run defeat to South East Stars in a rain-affected match on Sunday evening. Sparks won the reverse fixture on 21 May by 24 runs.
We look forward to seeing you at the County Ground, or tuned into our Live Stream.
Sunrisers have named the following squad:
Kelly Castle (captain)
Naomi Dattani (vice-captain)
Scheduled Timings of the Day
· Gates open: 1.30pm
· Toss: 2.00pm
· First innings start: 2.30pm
· The interval is likely to be around 3.45pm
· Scheduled second innings start: 4.00pm
· Scheduled end of play: 5.15pm
· Northamptonshire Steelbacks v Leicestershire Foxes start: 6:30pm
· Adult tickets cost £22, with Under 18 tickets at £7. It is advised to buy online here at the earliest opportunity.
· Unfortunately, this fixture is not included in the Junior Sunnies Membership. These are still on sale for U18s at just £20, Junior Sunnies gain entry to all remaining Home fixtures and a Junior Sunnies goodie bag. Find out more information here.
· Under 8 Junior Sunnies Memberships are free. Find out more information here.
· Northamptonshire Members can enter by showing their Members Card upon arrival.
· Away fans are, of course, welcome.
· For details on how to get the County Ground, and the parking that is available, please visit this page.
· The following ground regulations are in place when visiting Wantage Road. Please take a moment to check these before your visit.
· Sunrisers will play in their black T20 kit, with orange and red sleeves.
Can’t get to the game?
Watch the action on our YouTube channel, or follow the game on the Match Centre on our website.