MATCH DAY INFORMATION | SOUTH EAST STARS (14 MAY)
New Interim Head Coach Laura Marsh has named a fourteen-strong squad for the first Charlotte Edwards Cup match of the season, when Sunrisers face South East Stars at the Cloud County Ground in Chelmsford.
Congratulations to Academy graduates Jodi Grewcock, Scarlett Hughes, and Flo Miller, who are included in the squad for the season opener after signing their Senior contracts earlier in the week.
International bowlers Mady Villiers and Abtaha Maqsood will be looking to impose their quality as they lead the spin attack against a Stars team that won the Charlotte Edwards Cup last season, with Jo Gardner further complimenting the spin attack.
Captain Kelly Castle will be looking to build on her successful 2021 season, where she claimed the Bowler of the Year Award with 12 wickets throughout last summer.
Naomi Dattani comes into the game off the back of a brilliant hundred last month at Lord’s, in a match where Kate Coppack took four wickets for just 12 runs in her four overs. Both have been in great form for Middlesex Women in the 2022 Women’s County T20 Competition over the last few weeks.
Cordelia Griffith returns having missed some of pre-season through a slight injury, and will look to reignite her partnership with Grace Scrivens at the top of the order – another batter who has been in imperious form for her county side.
Gaya Gole has been the pick of the bowlers in a number of pre-season fixtures this year, including three for 20 against Loughborough Lightning in mid-April, whilst Katherine Speed has the ability to provide important runs in the middle order.
Amara Carr is still side-lined with the hand injury that she picked up towards the back end of the winter programme, but is back in training and working her way towards match fitness. Sonali Patel and Lissy MacLeod also miss out with slight knocks.
We look forward to seeing you at the Cloud County Ground.
Sunrisers have named the following squad:
Kelly Castle (captain)
Naomi Dattani (vice-captain)
Scheduled Timings of the Day
· Gates open: 1pm
· Toss: 2pm
· First innings start: 2.30pm
· The interval is likely to be around 3.50pm
· Scheduled second innings start: 4pm
· Scheduled end of play: 5.20pm
· Adult tickets cost £10, with Under 18 tickets at £5. You can buy online here, or on-the-day from the Ticket Hut on Hayes Close outside the ground.
· Junior Sunnies Memberships are on sale for U18s now. At just £20, Junior Sunnies gain entry to six Home fixtures, a Junior Sunnies goodie bag, and exclusive content. Find out more information here.
· Under 8 Junior Sunnies Memberships are free. Find out more information here.
· Adults can buy a Chelmsford Ticket Deal, which gives entry to all four Sunrisers fixtures at Chelmsford during 2022. This costs £30, and can be booked by phoning the Essex County Cricket Club ticket line on 01245 254010.
· Essex Members can enter for free by showing their Members Card upon arrival.
· Away fans are, of course, welcome.
· Entry to the ground is only via New Writtle Street, The Tees River Gate will remain closed throughout the game.
· For details on how to get the Cloud County Ground, and the parking that is available, please visit this page.
· The pavilion will be open for snacks and drink, but there will be no other food outlets open inside the ground. Spectators are welcome to bring food and drink into the ground, as long as they meet the ground regulations. These include:
o Spectators will not be permitted to bring alcohol into the ground.
o No metal cutlery or breakable kitchenware can be brought into the ground.
o The ground is a glass-free venue.
· The Cloud County Ground is a cashless ground, which includes purchasing tickets on the gates, and on food and drink purchases in the Doug Insole Pavilion and concourse areas.
· Match ticket Terms and Conditions can be viewed here.
· Sunrisers will play in their brand new black T20 kit, with orange and red sleeves.
· Neil Pratt
· Sarah Bartlett