MATCH DAY INFORMATION – WESTERN STORM (18 MAY)
Sunrisers Head Coach Laura Marsh has named an unchanged fourteen-strong squad for the midweek Charlotte Edwards Cup clash with Western Storm at the Cloud County Ground in Chelmsford.
At the weekend, Sunrisers fell short as the reigning champions South East Stars claimed a six-wicket victory in the glorious Essex sunshine, and the squad are looking to bounce back against a side that they beat in this competition last season.
Abtaha Maqsood made her debut on Saturday alongside wicket-keeper Scarlett Hughes, who played her first competitive match for the Sunrisers having progressed through the Academy, taking a catch behind the stumps.
Cordelia Griffith became the first player to pass 500 competitive runs for Sunrisers, when she hit 26 at the top of the order. The rest of the top and middle order managed starts, but they could not find a way to push on against the Stars attack.
Last June, Mady Villiers and Grace Scrivens starred with the bat in a seven wicket victory, as Sunrisers chased the 129 target with 13 balls to spare in Taunton.
Wednesday’s match comes too soon for Amara Carr, Sonali Patel, and Lissy MacLeod, who remain side-lined with their injuries.
Western Storm come into the game off the back of a 20 run defeat to Central Sparks. Fran Wilson will be returning to Chelmsford to face her former team-mates, after leaving the club this winter following her international retirement.
We look forward to seeing you at the Cloud County Ground, or tuned into our Live Stream.
Sunrisers have named the following squad:
Kelly Castle (captain)
Naomi Dattani (vice-captain)
Scheduled Timings of the Day
· Gates open: 6.00pm
· Toss: 6.30pm
· First innings start: 7.00pm
· The interval is likely to be around 8.15pm
· Scheduled second innings start: 8.25pm
· Scheduled end of play: 9.40pm
· Adult tickets cost £10, with Under 18 tickets at £5. You can buy online here, or on-the-day from the Ticket Hut on Hayes Close outside the ground.
· Junior Sunnies Memberships are on sale for U18s now. At just £20, Junior Sunnies gain entry to six Home fixtures, a Junior Sunnies goodie bag, and exclusive content. Find out more information here.
· Under 8 Junior Sunnies Memberships are free. Find out more information here.
· Essex Members can enter for free by showing their Members Card upon arrival.
· Away fans are, of course, welcome.
· Entry to the ground is only via New Writtle Street, The Tees River Gate will remain closed throughout the game.
· For details on how to get the Cloud County Ground, and the parking that is available, please visit this page.
· The pavilion will be open for snacks and drink, but there will be no other food outlets open inside the ground. Spectators are welcome to bring food and drink into the ground, as long as they meet the ground regulations. These include:
o Spectators will not be permitted to bring alcohol into the ground.
o No metal cutlery or breakable kitchenware can be brought into the ground.
o The ground is a glass-free venue.
· The Cloud County Ground is a cashless ground, which includes purchasing tickets on the gates, and on food and drink purchases in the Doug Insole Pavilion and concourse areas.
· Match ticket Terms and Conditions can be viewed here.
· Sunrisers will play in their brand new black T20 kit, with orange and red sleeves.
· Sue Redfern
· Chris Watts
Can’t get to the game?