SUNRISERS FEMALE WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME
Sunrisers are delighted to launch a revamped Sunrisers Female Workforce Development Programme ahead of the 2023 season.
The programme supports coaches in the region with highly qualified and experienced mentors from in and out of cricket, whilst also supporting practical skills and personal development. It includes coach development workshops, alongside female role models from in and out of sport.
Since launching in Winter 2021, the programme has already seen success with current EPP Head Coach Grace Melhuish a graduate of the inaugural cohort. After a few tweaks, we are excited to be able to open it up again to support the female workforce in our region.
If you are interested in the programme, please complete this application form and send it to Sunrisers Senior Regional Talent Manager, Luke Pomfret, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for returning the form is Sunday 19 March 2023, and successful candidates will be contacted by Monday 27 March 2023.
Sunrisers are seeking expressions of interest from female coaches who:
- Live, work or have an association with a county in the region
- Currently hold an ECB (or equivalent) coaching qualification
- Have ambitions, long or short term, to work within elite cricket
- Have previously coached or been coached in an environment where they have been exposed to talent development
The programme aims to:
- Expose female coaches to performance and elite environments
- Create female role models and support networks.
- Share common experiences of female performance & elite sport
- Harness knowledge of female athlete development factors
- Upskill and empower coaches working within W&G pathways
Key dates for diaries ahead of this application process are:
- Saturday 15th April 2023 – Induction Workshop
- Saturday 20th May 2023 – Practical Skills Workshop
- Sunday 10th September 2023 – Leadership Workshop
- Sunday 14th January 2024 – Coaching Philosophy Workshop