Sunrisers are looking to fill the vacancy of Lead Physiotherapist. To apply, please forward your CV and an accompanying Cover Letter, stating your suitability for the role, to email@example.com. The closing date for applications is 5pm on Sunday 8th January 2023.
Job Title: Lead Physiotherapist Employer: Middlesex Cricket (host of Sunrisers)
Reports to: Head of Medical Services
Location: London & East Region (travel and out of hours work required)
Term: Fixed term to 31st January 2025
Salary: Up to £55,000 (dependent on experience)
Right to Work: Applicants must have UK Right to Work
Purpose of the Job:
Middlesex Cricket and Sunrisers are inviting applications for a highly experienced and skilled physiotherapist to join our team. This role provides a fantastic opportunity to work within our Sports Science and Medicine team to lead and deliver high quality physiotherapy support to elite cricketers. This role will also be pivotal in ensuring high quality health care is delivered across the performance pathway.
The successful applicant will demonstrate high level clinical skills and have significant experience working in musculoskeletal physiotherapy and elite sport environments. Registration with the HCPC and Chartered Society of Physiotherapists is essential.
As a member of staff, the role holder is expected to continually maintain professional standards, displaying integrity and humility alongside the desire to drive their own standards and those around them. Multi-disciplinary working is a necessity, always contributing to a high performing environment and culture.
• To first and foremost advocate for high quality health care within elite sport.
• To maximise player availability through effective injury management and prevention through MDT working.
• To work collaboratively with Head of Medical Services and CMO to ensure high levels of clinical care, wellbeing/mental health and women’s health support.
• To work with the wider MDT to support player performance and associated development goals.
• To guide and champion local and ECB led clinical/performance/research projects.
• To work collaboratively with Head of Medical Services and CMO to ensure high standards of medical governance.
• To clinically supervise and line manage other physiotherapy/soft tissue practitioners/other staff across the Sunrisers performance pathway.
• To work collaboratively with ECB staff to co-manage international pathway players.
• To actively participate in the Women’s Science and Medicine Review process, to quality assure processes, resources and effectiveness of the department, and communicate key findings actions to key internal contacts.
• Manage a comprehensive, player management system across the Sunrisers Senior, Academy and Pathway programmes.
• Communicate non-confidential headline availability and fitness status information with relevant coaches, delivery staff and RDoWC.
• Effectively manage internal and external medical record-keeping standards, ensuring they maintained at a satisfactory level as per HCPC guidelines and are entered on to the ECB’s Injury Management Database (‘Cricket Squad’).
• Undertake appropriate professional development to keep abreast of world’s best practice and current evidence-based research.
• Where appropriate provide physiotherapy cover across Middlesex Cricket’s pathway.
The role does require extended hours and regular travel throughout the UK during the competitive season, and will include working on weekends and Bank holidays.
Note: The Job Description summarises the major role and responsibilities of the job. It is not intended to exclude the job holder being asked to undertake any other activities as required from time to time by the Regional Director of Women’s Cricket, nor future changes to the job holder’s responsibilities. The precise duties and responsibilities of any job may be expected to change over time. Qualifications and Key Competencies:
• Current registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists (CSP).
• Undergraduate degree in Physiotherapy. • At least 5 years experience of working independently as a qualified physiotherapist within musculoskeletal physiotherapy. • At least 3 years experience of working in elite level sport including the provision of physiotherapy services to high performance teams.
• Current advanced trauma management and emergency care accreditation.
•Full UK Driving Licence. •DBS Certificate -A disclosure is an impartial and confidential document that details an individual’s criminal record and where appropriate gives details of those who are barred from working with children.
• A postgraduate qualification specialising in Sports Physiotherapy/Sports and Exercise Medicine/Sports Rehabilitation.
• Previous experience of working in cricket
Personal Attributes, Aptitudes and Abilities
• Ability to motivate, support and influence individuals and organisations.
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, both written and verbal.
• A positive attitude with initiative, focus and drive.
• Patience with an orderly approach to problem solving.
• Ability to work independently and effectively under pressure.
• Ability to work within a team and contribute to the overall success of the team.
• High standards of personal and professional integrity
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Please forward both your CV, a Cover Letter stating your experience and suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 8th January 2023 at 5pm. Interviews will be conducted in w/c 16th January 2023.
Please note that due to the volume of applications the Club receives, we are unable to provide specific feedback on unsuccessful applications. All applicants must have Right to Work in the UK, sponsorship for overseas employees cannot be provided for this role.
Middlesex Cricket & Sunrisers are committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a process of vetting, including the disclosure of criminal records and the seeking of references. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our services.
Middlesex Cricket & Sunrisers are equal opportunity employers and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
The Club’s Privacy notice can be viewed here.