Sunrisers and Middlesex Cricket are looking to recruit a part-time Pathway Strength and Conditioning Coach.
Job Title: Sunrisers Pathway Strength & Conditioning Coach – Sunrisers & Middlesex Cricket
Reports to: Head of Athletic Performance
Director of Cricket
Regional Director of Women’s Cricket
Sunrisers Strength and Conditioning Lead
Sunrisers Senior Regional Talent Manager
Sunrisers Professional Playing Squad and Support Staff
Middlesex Professional Playing Squad and Support Staff
Other senior management colleagues
Location: Middlesex Indoor Cricket School (Finchley) with travel around the Sunrisers Region
Term: Fixed Term, Part Time (ends 31st January 2025)
Salary: £14,000 for 20 hours per week (£26,250 pro-rated)
Sunrisers are the Regional team representing London and the East in England Cricket Board’s professional domestic women’s competitions, of which Middlesex are the host county.
Sunrisers cover Middlesex, Essex, Northamptonshire, Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire Suffolk, Norfolk, Bedfordshire and Huntingdonshrie. Middlesex Cricket, based at Lord’s, is responsible for cricket in the county, from Men’s and Women’s professional teams to recreational cricket for all ages within the 17 London Boroughs that form the county of Middlesex. Sunrisers. Reporting to the Head of Athletic Performance, and working in conjunction with the Sunrisers Strength and Conditioning Lead and other support staff, the successful candidate will be expected to optimise the physical robustness and performance of players within the Sunrisers Academy and assist on the physical development of the senior squad in collaboration with the Strength and Conditioning Lead. The successful candidate will be expected to add significant value to an effective club-wide culture, in line with the club’s ‘Winning Together’ strategy, while embracing the Sunrisers values of Versatility, Inclusivity and Progressiveness.
• Deliver high quality physical preparation, strength and conditioning coaching and nutritional support for Sunrisers Pathway Players, as well as Sunrisers professional playing squad and Middlesex Cricket players (both professional and Pathway).
• Help foster an environment where each individual can thrive and are able to achieve their potential, with a specific eye on developing youth athletes within the Sunrisers Pathway.
• Support the Head of Athletic Performance and Sunrisers Strength and Conditioning Lead to ensure alignment and continuity of physical preparation strategies for all pathway players and professional athletes, across all playing environments.
• Support the long-term planning processes and strategy for delivery of strength and conditioning and related services.
• Support and deliver appropriate and consistent testing and monitoring of players in line with ECB guidelines.
• Support senior staff in the delivery of successful ECB audits for both Sunrisers and Middlesex Cricket.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
· Undergraduate degree in Sport Science or related discipline.
· UKSCA accreditation (or ability to attain within 6 months)
· Computer literate in Microsoft office and database management.
· Recent experience providing strength and conditioning support to professional and/or academy aged athletes.
· Ability to build strong working relationships with players, coaching and support staff.
· Desire to work hard and collaborate as part of a broad multi-disciplinary team.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· The successful candidate will be required to undergo enhanced disclosure checks with Disclosure and Barring Service.
· Postgraduate degree in Sport Science or related discipline.
· ISAK accreditation.
· First aid qualification.
· Experience coaching cricket athletes.
· Full driving license
How to apply:
Please forward your CV and an accompanying Cover Letter, stating your suitability for the role, to email@example.com. Please note that you will be required to complete and return a Safer Recruitment Application Form if you are shortlisted and invited to interview.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on the 6th October 2023. Interviews will be held in the week commencing 9th October 2023. Successful candidates may be contacted for interview prior to the closing date and we are looking to fill the role as soon as possible.
Please note that due to the volume of applications the Club received, we are unable to provide specific feedback on unsuccessful applications. All applicants must have Right to Work in the UK, sponsorship for overseas employees cannot be provided for this role.
Middlesex Cricket is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children, young people and adults at risk that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a process of vetting, including the disclosure of criminal records and the seeking of references. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our services.
Middlesex Cricket are equal opportunity employers and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
The Club’s Privacy notice can be viewed here.