Sunrisers Cricket are looking to recruit a part-time Performance Pathway Coach & Scout.
Job Title: Sunrisers Performance Pathway Coach & Scout
Reports to: Sunrisers Senior Regional Talent Manger and Sunrisers Regional Talent Manger
Location: London & East Region – travel required
Term: Fixed Term (ends 31st September 2024)
£2,000 for minimum 20 Working Days – to be made up of evening/weekend winter training sessions and summer match/scouting days. Travel expenses will be paid to and from place of required work.
Sunrisers & Middlesex Cricket are committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a process of vetting, including the disclosure of criminal records and the seeking of references. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our services.
Sunrisers are looking to recruit a number of part time performance coaches and scouts with a passion for talent development who can add value to the Sunrisers Performance Pathway (Sunrisers Academy and Sunrisers Emerging Player Programme) and the Sunrisers Talent Identification Process.
Sunrisers are the Regional team representing London and the East in England Cricket Board’s professional domestic women’s competitions, of which Middlesex are the host county.
Sunrisers cover Middlesex, Essex, Northamptonshire, Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Suffolk, Norfolk, Bedfordshire and Huntingdonshire. Reporting to the Regional Talent Manger and Senior Regional Talent Manger, and working in conjunction with other Sunrisers Pathway Staff, the successful candidate will be expected to make a positive contribution to the Sunrisers Performance Pathway and Talent ID process by playing a role in the identification and development of players as they move through the pathway. The successful candidates will be expected to add significant value to an effective club-wide culture, while embracing the Sunrisers values of Versatility, Inclusivity and Progressiveness.
Principle Responsibilities: (including but not limited to)
• Support the delivery of high quality coaching at winter training sessions for the Sunrisers Pathway Programmes (EPP and Academy).
• Assist with coaching at summer pathway fixture days and training sessions.
• Work as part of the Sunrisers Scouting Network, supporting the Sunrisers Talent ID Process by taking up a scouting role within the region
• Support the coaching and assessment of players at Talent ID fixtures and observation days during the summer.
• Where required contribute opinions and observations to pathway case conferences and selection meetings
Note: The exact makeup of each role across the year may differ slightly and will be discussed with the successful candidates by the SRTM and RTM upon appointment. This will consider the coaching and scouting requirements of the pathway and the strengths and availability of the appointed candidates.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Essential:
• Qualified to at least ECB Level 2 (Foundation II) Coaching Qualification (or equivalent)
• Previous experience of coaching within the cricket talent pathway
• A proven interest in the development of the women and girls game in the Sunrisers Region
• A proven interest in the areas of talent identification and development
• Ability to build strong working relationships with players, other coaches, support staff and county staff.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Valid UK Driver’s License with the ability to travel independently across the region
• ECB Safeguarding Young Cricketers Certificate
• Up to date first aid certificate
• The successful candidate will be required to undergo enhanced disclosure checks with Disclosure and Barring Service.
• Working towards or completed ECB Level 3 (Advanced) Coaching Qualification (or equivalent)
• Previous experience of coaching within the women and girls talent pathway, in one of County Age Group, County Women or Regional Pathway
• An understanding of the ‘Unleashing Potential’ Talent Development Framework
• Previous experience of scouting or identifying high potential cricketers
• Experience of working as part of a coaching team and supporting and developing coaches
The closing date for applications is 5pm on the 27th October 2023. Interviews will be held in the week commencing 30th October 2023. Successful candidates may be contacted for interview prior to the closing date and we are looking to fill the roles as soon as possible.
Please note that due to the volume of applications the Club received, we are unable to provide specific feedback on unsuccessful applications. All applicants must have Right to Work in the UK, sponsorship for overseas employees cannot be provided for this role.
Middlesex Cricket are equal opportunity employers and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All applicants must have Right to Work in the UK, sponsorship for overseas employees cannot be provided for this role.