VACANCY | REGIONAL TALENT MANAGER
Sunrisers is looking to fill the vacancy of Regional Talent Manager. To apply, please forward your CV and an accompanying Cover Letter, stating your suitability for the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is 5pm on Sunday 23rd of October 2022.
Job Title: Sunrisers Regional Talent Manager
Reports to: Sunrisers Senior Regional Talent Manager Location: Sunrisers (London & East Region) Contract: Full Time – 37.5 hours per week Term: Fixed Term 1st November 2022 to 31st October 2024 Salary: £28,000-£30,000 dependent on experience
Sunrisers & Middlesex Cricket are committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a process of vetting, including the disclosure of criminal records and the seeking of references. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our services.
Purpose of the Job:
It is Sunrisers mission to identify and develop cricketers from across the region with the skills to progress to representation at Sunrisers Senior level and beyond. It will be the responsibility of the Regional Talent Manger to create a fully integrated pathway that ensures all stakeholders can access and enjoy cricket easily, and at the level appropriate to them.
The Sunrisers region comprises the Counties of Essex CCC, Northamptonshire CCC, Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire, Huntingdonshire, Norfolk and Suffolk with Middlesex Cricket acting as the Regional Host and the employer of this role. The Sunrisers Regional Talent Manager will connect County Age Group Coaches, players and programmes within the London & East region, ensuring there is a clear alignment between all levels of the performance pathway.
The Sunrisers Regional Talent Manager (RTM) will work across County boundaries in conjunction with the Senior Regional Talent Manager (SRTM), Regional Director of Women’s Cricket (RDoWC), and other Sunrisers staff. The RTM will play a key role in the identification and development of players as they progress through the player pathway.
This role will play a significant part in the development and management of an aligned regional pathway and will suit those with an interest in the development of people and cricket, an enjoyment of working as part of a team and a passion for continuous learning. You will need initiative, a can-do attitude, an ability to problem solve, producing workable solutions and a commitment to help continue a player’s journey in the women’s and girls’ game. The role will involve supporting the development of coaches across the regional network, creating and delivering opportunities for formal and informal training.
Reporting to the Senior Regional Talent Manager, the role will require extensive travel throughout the region as well as requiring extended hours, inclusive of weekends and bank holidays. We are seeking an individual with a passion for talent identification and development who will flourish in a high performing environment and have a positive impact on those around them.
• Operational responsibility for Sunrisers Emerging Player Programme, including scheduling, staff allocation and programme direction
• Lead talent identification and recruitment for Sunrisers Emerging Player Programme
• Line manage Emerging Player Programme Lead Coach and contracted Pathway Coach(es)
• Working in conjunction with the Sunrisers Senior Regional Talent Manager manage the talent identification and recruitment processes for Sunrisers Academy
• Influence and support Counties to develop players through programmes that are aligned to the ECB Talent Development Framework to provide a joined up, game wide approach to talent development
• Support Counties in the region to ensure the effective management of talented players who are identified as having the potential to progress through the pathway, to provide a collaborative and individualised approach to their programme delivery, including the development of individualised player development plans (IDPs)
• Work as a coach across Sunrisers Emerging Player Programme, Academy, and where relevant, other levels of the regional pathway
• Work as a part of the Sunrisers Talent Identification Network, taking on a scouting role across the region
• Implement relevant professional development experiences for coaches active within the regional women & girls county network
• Keep up to date with best practice and expertise across the fields of talent development and attend ECB CPD events and meetings to support the drive for a world leading player pathway
Note: The Job Description summarises the major role and responsibilities of the job. It is not intended to exclude the job holder being asked to undertake any other activities as required from time to time by their line manager or Regional Director of Women’s Cricket, nor future changes to the job holder’s responsibilities. The precise duties and responsibilities of any job may be expected to change over time. Job holders will be consulted over any proposed changes to this job description before implementation.
• Regional Director of Women’s Cricket
• Sunrisers Senior Regional Talent Manager
• Sunrisers Operations Manager
• Sunrisers EPP Lead Coach
• Sunrisers Head Coach
• Sunrisers Assistant & Performance Coaches
• Sunrisers Science & Medicine staff
• ECB National Talent Manager
• County Pathway Leads
• County Age Group Coaches
• County Participation & Growth colleagues
The successful candidate will have the following experience / skills / qualities:
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
• Interest in the areas of talent identification and development
• Experience of organising, planning, programming and monitoring delivery and player development
• Qualified to at least ECB Level 2 (Foundation II), with the ability to achieve ECB Level 3 (Advanced) within 12 months of appointment
• Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and Safeguarding Children certification – a DBS disclosure is an impartial and confidential document that details an individual’s criminal record and where appropriate gives details of those who are barred from working with children
• Up to date first aid qualification
• High standards of personal and professional integrity
• An appetite for continuous learning and development
• High levels of energy and enthusiasm
• The ability to use initiative, working as part of a team or independently as required
• Honesty, tact and strong will to succeed
• Excellent IT skills with competent ability using Microsoft Office programmes
• Full UK Driving Licence and ability to travel independently to various venues across the region
• Right to Work in the UK
• ECB Coach Developer qualification and experience of delivering Coach Development
• A degree in Sports Science, Coaching or a relevant field
• Knowledge of the ECB Talent Development Framework and/or alternative NGB frameworks
• An understanding and experience of best practice talent identification and selection processes
The post holder will be expected to work evenings and weekends as well as have flexibility to dovetail working arrangements in with fixture and training schedules that will change from year to year and across each season.
Please forward your CV and an accompanying Cover Letter, stating your suitability for the role, to email@example.com. Please note that you will be required to complete an application form if you are invited to interview as part of safer recruitment processes.
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Sunday 23rd of October 2022.
Please note that due to the volume of applications the Club receives, we are unable to provide specific feedback on unsuccessful applications. All applicants must have Right to Work in the UK, sponsorship for overseas employees cannot be provided for this role.
Sunrisers & Middlesex Cricket are equal opportunity employers and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Sunrisers & Middlesex Cricket is committed to protecting and safeguarding the young people and children we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a process of vetting, including the disclosure of criminal records and the seeking of references. We ensure we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer work practice across our organisation and across all the services we provide.
The Club’s Privacy notice can be viewed here.